02 March 2015

Tardis! Tardis! Tardis!

My fiance's best friends are having a baby boy, named Topher, and he is due any week now. In January, I helped to throw them a Dr. Who themed baby shower.

For the shower, I made some triangle bunting with multi-Tardis fabric (is the plural of Tardis Tardii?) and K9 fabric.
Close up of the multi-Tardis fabric. Is it Tardises or Tardii?

I did not think to get a picture of them. But I do have a picture of the Topher blocks I made into bunting. 
Decorations for a Dr. Who themed baby shower I'm throwing for a friend. So much Tardis fabric!

Hopefully the letters and triangle bunting will all end up getting used for something now that the shower has passed.

As for my shower gift, I decided to make a Tardis quilt. As for the design, I made up the pattern as I went, so if you are interested, let me know and I can get you my diagrams and cutting measurements. Here it is in phase 1, without a border.
Tardis quilt front for Dr. Who baby shower gift. Does it need a border?

I'm calling it "Tardis Sunrise." Sticking with my goal of using up my fabric stash instead of immediately buying fabric for quilts, it was made entirely from my stash!
Tardis quilt finished! Just in time for the Dr. Who baby shower.


The quilting was done in royal blue thread and is just random straight lines which created some neat geometric shapes.

The soon-to-be parents sent me this picture a while back. It shows the quilt in its new home. Yaaay! Thanks to Mike and Jamie for the picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment